Saturday 28 January 2012

Hula Hooping - My New Obsession

I finally took my first hula hooping class today (after making sure it with my midwife that it was safe to do in pregnancy).  I loved it!  I knew I would.  I feel very much the same way I felt when I started bellydancing, so dare I say this might be my new obsession from now on.  It was so much fun.  I found the initial movement of waist hooping to be quite easy, but was surprised at how difficult just about everything else was!  Still, even with just an afternoon of practice, I've already started to get better (especially at hooping to the right, which is my weaker side!).  I even bought my own hoop through the ladies teaching the class.  The only problem is what I can do at home is very limited due to space.  But I can practice some stuff, and for the rest I can just go and practice at the Y.  I'm sure a lot of other ladies will be doing the same, it was a very popular class!

So I've already been watching hooping videos on YouTube and in awe at how amazing some people are.  It makes me want to practice and get better!  It's the same way I used to feel when watching bellydancing videos.  When I watch them, I see the movements and my brain thinks "I can do that".  But it's so much harder in reality!  As with anything though, you can only get better if you practice, so that's what I plan to do, as much as possible! 

I hope to be able to hoop as much in this pregnancy as possible.  I've already seen lots of videos online of pregnant ladies hooping right up until the last few weeks, so that gives me hope that I can keep up with it!

I'm so excited to have found this new hobby, and I think I'll be enjoying hula hooping for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment