And from the too good to be true category....
I found this on Pinterest (which I am starting to get addicted too though still not as much as some people I know). Last night I saw it, checked out the recipe, realized I had all the ingredients, and decided to give it a shot.
What is it you might ask? Well, it's a single serving of decadent chocolate cake that is not unhealthy and that you can make in 5mins. I know, I know, how is this possible? Well, it is. The recipe works, it's relatively healthy, and it's easy.
And so, I share it with you here (though it's taken from the blog Chocolate Covered Katie, so I cannot take any credit for this brilliant invention).
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons spelt flour (or white, or even peanut or coconut flour)
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp evaporated cane juice (or sugar)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stevia packet (or 1 more tablespoon sugar)
- 1 tablespoon coconut or veg oil 3 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Microwave 45-50 seconds (or more, depending on how powerful your microwave is). If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for the cake to cool before trying to remove it).
So fast, so easy, so yummy. So much so that I made it again today. And maybe later tonight. Oh dear.