Tuesday 14 October 2014

Amazing Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

For this recipe I simply googled a standard chocolate chip recipe and then tweaked it to make it gluten free.  I love playing with recipes and making them my own.  This one turned out absolutely amazing, with even a cookie dough worthy of licking the bowl!

I use my food processor for pretty much every recipe now because I am always experimenting with different flour/dry ingredient mixes.

This recipe IS nut free so it is perfect for school lunches!

In food processor, process the dry ingredients:
2 cups gluten free flour mix (I have been using Namaste Perfect Flour Blend with great results)
1 cup oats
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup ground chia
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

With a mixer, combine:
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
Then add:
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl and combine.  Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.  Roll into 1 1/4" balls and place 2" apart on baking sheet, flatten slightly.  Bake for 12-14 miutes at 350.  Makes 4-5 dozen depending on size.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment