Tuesday 14 October 2014

Gluten Free Apple Oatmeal Muffins

Yesterday my mother in law showed up with a giant bag of honey crisp apples and I needed something to do with them.  Apple muffins!

I made these yesterday, again taking an ordinary recipe I found off the internet and substituting certain ingredients to make it gluten free.  These turned out amazing!!  I will be making them again for sure.

These muffins ARE nut free!  Also, I tripled this recipe to make a huge batch.

Process dry ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup gluten free flour mix (I have been using Namaste Perfect Flour Blend)
1 1/4 cups oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Remove dry ingredients from processor, then add and process wet ingredients:
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine dry and wet ingredients.  Fold in 2 chopped apples.  Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake for 18-20 minutes at 375.  The above amounts would make about a dozen muffins, I tripled it and got two dozen regular muffins and two dozen mini muffins.  Perfect for breakfasts, and for school snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment