Friday 15 July 2011

Strawberry Stevia Ice Cream

Seeing as how I am still on my sugar-free goodies kick, coupled with the fact that we went strawberry picking the other day and have an overabundance of them, the only logical thing left to do would be to make sugar free strawberry ice cream using stevia.  So here is what I did.  *note to self: must remember to take pictures next time!

Strawberry Stevia Ice Cream

3 cups strawberries
2 eggs
2 cups half and half
1 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 tsp stevia
1/2 vanilla
about 1/2 cup chopped strawberry chunks

Puree 3 cups strawberries with 1 cup half and half cream.
Whip  eggs, the add remaining cup half and half, whipping cream,  stevia, vanilla, and pureed strawberry mixture, then mix it all together.
Turn on ice cream maker and pour mixture in.
While it's making the ice cream, chop up some more strawberries into small chunks.  I wasn't measuring, but I think I had about 1/2 cup.
Once ice cream has started to thicken add strawberry chunks.
I think in total I had it in the machine for about 25mins. 
Transfer to another container and put it in the freezer to firm up.

It was so good I couldn't wait for it to freeze up properly before helping myself to a bowl.  It had more of a soft serve consistency but was delicious none the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment