Wednesday 3 August 2011

I Heart My Clothesline

I'm not kidding.  If you were to ask me what a few of my favorite things are, my clothesline would be one of them.


I don't know why that is.  I just find hanging clothes in the sunshine to be so therapeutic.  Maybe it has something to do with feeling good about not wasting the energy running my dryer.  I can count on one hand how many times I've had to use it in weeks.  Maybe it's just the feeling of peace I get when I'm hanging clothes in the fresh air early in the morning while the kids play happily in the yard.  Maybe it's knowing that the wonderful sun is working it's magic at getting stains out of our clothes.  Who knows.  I just love it, it's such a silly thing, but I do. 

It's one of life's simple pleasures for me.

And yes, I am one of those people who will take my time hanging each piece, sorting them as I hang so that like pieces are together and that each one is hanging the same way, making sure there is equal spacing between each one, and that all the clothes pins are lined up perfectly.  I especially love doing this with our cloth diapers, grouping the different inserts and covers together.


I wonder what my neighbours would have thought if they saw me taking pictures of my drying laundry.  I took some other pictures so I didn't look like a total crazy.





I'm weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment