Saturday 7 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Before we had kids we used to eat out a lot.  We really enjoyed indulging in a good meal at a nice restaurant.  We'd go all out - beverages, appetizers, main course, dessert.  One restaurant we used to frequent was the Keg Steakhouse.  I'd always get the same thing:  baked goat cheese appetizer, sirloin steak with mashed potatoes, and a side of snap peas and asparagus tempura.  Yum!

A little while back I told Tyler I wanted a Keg dinner for Mother's Day.  It had been so long since I had one!  At first we thought maybe we'd pack up the kids and go looking for a Keg, there's sure to be one in Barrie.  But then Tyler suggested he would make me what I wanted.

So tonight he made me my dinner, the whole thing.  Complete with baked goat cheese and tempura veggies.  Oh it was so good.  Who needs to go out to dinner when your husband is an amazing chef?

He also bought me a bouquet of tulips.  Being the horticulturalist that I am, I never tire of getting flowers.  I'm pretty sure there's some dessert waiting for me too.

I just put T to bed.  We had the best time, lying in his bed cuddling and staring at the star projections on his ceiling, while singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' over and over.  He still doesn't know the proper words, he just kinda mumbles along, but at least he gets the tune right.  It was priceless.  Those are the moments, the moments that make every single bad night, every single tantrum, every single frustrating NO! worth it. 

I love being a mom!  Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats listening to a toddler sing. I'm shocked by how many Jacob knows - I sing something to Megan and he just joins in now - it is lovely. Although the theme tune to Postman Pat is the one I hear him falling alseep and waking up to. Happy Mothers Day honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T is not much of a singer but he does know a lot of Wiggles songs! lol

    Happy Mother's Day to you too ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete