Tuesday 10 May 2011

Illness...Teething...Reflux...Argh!!

Just after F's birthday I wanted to try weaning his reflux meds again.  So I started giving him only 1/2 his regular dose a day.  For the first week everything seemed peachy, he was doing great.  But over the weekend he was all out of sorts.  On Saturday he was kinda feverish and just grumpy, but he slept fine that night.  On Sunday he was just downright miserable for most of the day, but again he slept fine at night.  I was convinced that he needed his full dose back and was going to give it to him Monday morning, but he woke up chipper and was in a great mood all day!  Then last night was terrible, and today has been hit and miss.  He's been relatively happy, a few grumpy moments, but he keeps crying out from his nap with for him is usually a sign on some sort of discomfort.

Thing is, he is due for more teeth too, so all this could be teething. 

Then yesterday T came down with a bit of a fever, and so he has been grumpy and miserable all yesterday and today too, so maybe they've both caught a little bug.

I hate the guessing game!  If I knew it were simply reflux I could just put him back on his meds and breathe a sigh of relief.  But if it's not, and he's outgrown the reflux, then weaning the meds is a good thing. 

I don't know, I just don't know.  I want to just give them back for peace of mind, but I don't know if it's the right thing to do.  Obviously I don't want to be medicating unecessarily, and he's already been on them for 9mos.

Not to mention that T is driving me nuts with his constant whining.  I know he doesn't feel well, but it's so hard when they're upset and clingy and you can't do anything about it.

Well, F is up there crying after his nap and it doesn't sound like he is going back to sleep.  This does not bode well!  Better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment