Wednesday 6 April 2011

Blah Day

Well the blogging voices are starting to let up a bit.  I don't think about it nearly as much as just a few days ago.  Today I hardly thought about it at all, and by the time evening rolled around I wasn't even feeling much like posting.  That didn't take long!  I should probably try to write more during the boys' naptime as my head is much clearer earlier in the day.  By the time they are in bed my brain feels like mush, which doesn't make for very good writing.

Today has been one of those days.  Just blah.  I'm feeling a tad bit down, under the weather, worrisome, and not quite cut out to be a mom. 

I think both boys are going through a change in sleep needs, and I always hate these transition times where I'm not quite sure what their needs are.  T may or may not be starting the move towards dropping his nap, I'm not sure.  But he has been a teeny tiny bit trying.  I can't quite put my finger on why.

F is an overtired, teething mess.  Not that long ago he was still taking two naps that I had to wake him from, and he never wanted to get up from them.  Now he is refusing to nap in the morning, and is not making up for it in the afternoon.  His nights have gone to pot again as well.  Three nights ago he slept through for only the second time ever, but the last two nights he has been up for long stretches, clearly unsettled.  I'm pretty sure he's got teeth coming.  It's getting me rather down that his sleep is deteriorating once again, but I guess I should be used to it by now.

So both of them have been rather clingy and whiny which is really draining.

This morning we went to the Early Years Centre, as we do every Wednesday morning.  If you live in Ontario and haven't checked if there is an EYC near you, do so!  It's an invaluable resource and facility for parents, and it's free.  We go there to play and socialize, but they also run all sorts of activities and programs for kids and parents.  The boys love it and I do as well.  After the boys' naps we went to the park.  I've just been trying to get out of the house as much as possible because I think we're all happier out and about.

Finally the kids are in bed and I think I'm not far behind as I'm completely exhausted.  Like I said, just one of those days.

4 comments:

  1. On a happy note: Hooray for being able to get out and about with the nicer weather.

    Booo to teething!

    I think you write very well, for what it's worth; and I love your insight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martina,
    I went to EYC today and it is remarkable. I've met and socialize with many moms there. Had you lived here we could have met and not even have known it!

    Sorry about your blah day. The sun has been trying to peek through today and I hope you're having a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies, you've made me smile!!

    Sarah, which one did you go to? Wish I still lived in TO, we could totally meet there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw..we'll meet soon, I'm sure!

    I go to the Willowdale centres.

    ReplyDelete