Friday 1 April 2011

Springtime = Fresh Start for the Speirs Family

Only my second post and I've already encountered a problem with this whole blogging business.  I feel like I have too much to say!  I feel as though all my thoughts are now consumed with things I want to write about.  It's like my entire day is a running blog commentary.  I think about past, present, and future.  I think about my boys, my husband, my family, my hobbies.  Anything and everything really.  This is what happens when you've never really kept any sort of journals, there is an overload of things to get out.

I'm starting to realize though that my millions of great blog ideas per day are really pointless as they are just fleeting thoughts, and no matter how great they sound at the time I can never remember it all by the time I get in front of my computer.  So I need to just focus on this moment, right now.

The biggest thing that has stood out for me today is how we are finally starting to feel like we're getting ourselves on track.  And just in time for spring too.  Funny how that happens?  The weather picks up and it's like we've suddenly turned a corner.  The dark days of winter are hopefully a thing of the past, with only sunny skies ahead.  I'd like to think so anyway.

Continuing from yesterday's thoughts, this past year has not been a walk in the park for us.  We chose to move knowing it would be chaotic for awhile but that in the long run it is what's best for our family.  Let's be realistic though, a new baby, a new job, and a new home in a new town is a lot of change for anyone to handle, so I guess we should be proud of ourselves that we have made it this far.  Still, the events of this last year have taken their toll, on our relationship, on our bank account, and on my emotional and mental health.  It has definitely been a challenge for us.

Now that spring has arrived I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Not that long ago the boys and I were cooped up in the house, with no motivation to go anywhere and nowhere to go really.  Now we are getting out every day, the days are just packed it seems.  It's a lovely feeling to be outside with them.  I can't wait for it to get nicer out still, so we can get out and do more things as a family.  This summer is going to be fantastic.  The beach, the Village, Elmvale Zoo, hiking, biking, swimming, fishing...yep I can see it already.  Ahhhh......

Welcome spring, we are so happy to see you!  Love, the Speirs Family

2 comments:

  1. I love how you've started a blog, Martina! I feel like my day is similar to what you have written - a running commentary. Sometimes I think of my days chopped up into BW questions - could I ask this question and get a few insights into why she's doing this or why I am feeling so crappy and relationship advice etc etc etc ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Sarah, I feel like my whole days (and even the parts where I'm up at night) are spent thinking about blog posts, BW threads, and FB statuses!

    ReplyDelete