Sunday 3 April 2011

I haven't given up yet

I've been without internet for the past 24hrs or so.  It feels like an eternity for an internet junkie.  But that is the reason that I didn't post yesterday (I had fully intended to).  So it's not that I've already given up on my blog, on the contrary I'm still pretty much always thinking about it, just haven't been able to get online!

However now that I am back I am so very tired that I'm afraid I don't have much to post.  I mean, I know I have tons to post, but sleep seems like a much better option at the moment.  So I will make this a quick one.

It's funny, before I had kids I worked several jobs that consisted of long hours and hard physical labour.  And yet nothing I've done in the past is nearly as exhausting as being a mom.  It's physically tiring, but even more so it's mentally exhausting.  It's a non-stop, 24hr job.  Rewarding and worth every minute, but my oh my, I'm so very tired.

So I'm reminded of this great column a friend of mine once posted on FB.  Pretty much sums up being a mom perfectly.  I know all my fellow moms will appreciate it.

We didn't do anything extremely interesting this weekend and yet it feels like it was a crazy weekend.  Yesterday we took the boys to swimming, it was their second class and so far neither of them seem really sold on the whole thing.  We also took them for haircuts yesterday and they were both surprisingly good, no major meltdowns.  Since it's been so lovely out we've basically just been trying to spend as much time outside as possible.

Last night as we put T to bed it struck me (as it has on so many occasions) how lucky we are to have such wonderful children.  T in particular is turning into such a lovely, sweet little boy.  He is so easy going.  Don't get me wrong, he certainly has his toddler moments.  But sometimes when I see or hear about other people's young children, I am so thankful that he is so good natured and doesn't give us too much of a hard time.  F is really coming into his own as well and has a fun little personality.  We are truly blessed!

So tonight's post didn't really have much of a point, just a bit of dribble to make up for my lack of posting this weekend.  Maybe once I get some more sleep I will have some more in depth thoughts to share!  But for now, my pillow is calling.  Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment